Price per barrel of oil has dropped $25 a barrel or 23 percent in three months to about $85 a barrel.
- The state of Missouri has the slowest gas price at $2.88 a gallon at the pump.
- The city of St. Louis, Missouri has the lowest gas price at $2.82 a gallon at the pump.
- Other states with low gas prices include: South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Mississippi.
Lowest price per barrel since 2010, implications in the news:
- Airlines should have higher valuations at the new fuel prices but the Ebola saga has kept them grounded.
- U.S. disposable income increased $50 billion from the reduction in gasoline prices, less money spent at the pump signals higher retail growth heading into holidays and more money for the economy.
- Prices are trending even lower with the tremendous output from the United States.